Summertime in Chicago is hard to beat—so in honor of the warming weather we’d like to count down 8 of our favorite reasons to live in the windy city!
8. Public Transit. Chicago is one of the few cities in the United States where public transit is actually the best way to get around—thus offering an enormous convenience that’s hard to find elsewhere.
7. Lake Michigan. Lake Michigan offers so many opportunities for fun and relaxation. From swimming, to boating, to enjoying a walk on the beach, there are many easily accessible options. The natural beauty of the lake is also a plus.
6. Relative Cost of Living. Living in the big city is obviously going to entail some expenses—but when examined alongside comparable North American cities such as New York, Los Angeles, and Toronto, the rent and overall cost of living is much more affordable in Chicago.
5. Personal and Professional Opportunity. Due to its size and importance, Chicago offers virtually endless career and personal opportunities.
4. The Food. If you like food, Chicago is the place to be. From deep dish pizza to Italian beef to some of the best fine dining options in the world: you name it, Chicago’s got it!
3. Entertainment and Culture. From festivals, to museums, to sports, to the symphony—Chicago offers endless entertainment for all budgets and tastes.
2. The Parks. Chicago offers nearly six hundred parks across the city. This includes the centrally located Lincoln Park (which, by the way, is 50% larger than central park) as well as miles upon miles of public beachfront parks spanning the Lake Michigan coastline.
1. Realty & Mortgage Co. The best thing about “the dream” of living in Chicago? That dream is completely possible! Visit the Realty & Mortgage Co. property listings today in order to begin turning your dream into a reality!