Are you considering renting an apartment in the Chicago area? You probably already know many of the reasons why Chicago is known as a world class city, with numerous tourists attractions such as Wrigley Field, a bustling and beautiful lakefront downtown, and a glowing cultural life that can only be described as diverse. However, some of the most interesting things about Chicago are not the most widely known. Below are a few interesting facts about the Windy City that you probably do not already know.
- The Taste of Chicago food festival occurs in Chicago every year. This is known as the world’s largest free outdoor food festival. It began in 1980 and takes place in Chicago’s Grant Park.
- Other than the Louvre in Paris, Chicago’s Art Institute of Chicago is home to the largest collection of impressionist paintings in the world. Chicago is home to a number of other fantastic museums as well.
- There are five hundred and fifty two parks in Chicago, fifteen miles of bathing beaches, over seven thousand restaurants, over two hundred theatres, and thirty six annual parades.
- Some of the first skyscrapers ever built were in Chicago, and it is now home to some of the tallest buildings in the world. From the top of it’s tallest building, the Willis Tower, it is possible to see into 4 different states–Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin.
- The Chicago river runs backwards. It once ran into lake Michigan, but due to the construction of canals its flow has since been reversed, so it now flows away from lake Michigan. This is the only river in the world to do so.
- Chicago is home to over one hundred neighborhoods, each with its own unique history and style.
- An average of thirty-five million tourists visit Chicago every year. Thirty-five million people can’t be wrong; Chicago is simply a great place to be!
Ready to move to Chicago? Contact Realty Mortgage Co. today to rent the apartment of your dreams!