Autumn may very well be the most beautiful time of year in Chicago. The heat of summer subsides, the back-to-school season endows the city with a new energy, and resplendent fall foliage fills the streets with color. Fall is also one of the most renter-friendly seasons in the Windy City, which means if you have been considering a move to Chicago now may be the time to act! Here are just a few of the delightful fall activities that will await you and your family should you decide to make the move.
1. Chicago River Boat Tours are offered year-round, but the autumn offers a number of special benefits. The weather is cool and crisp yet not cold. The start of the school year means a less crowded experience. And the colored leaves of autumn make these tours especially beautiful.
2. The Botanical Garden hosts a number of special events during the fall season, ranging from farmer’s marketings to festivals. Visit the Botanical Garden’s website to see up-to-date event scheduling and more important information!
3. Apple Picking, Pumpkin Patches, and Corn Mazes surround the city in great number, and are all in season during the fall. These activities are tons of fun and totally family friendly, so bring the kids for a day of relaxation outside the city!
4. Bicycle tours are especially popular during the autumn, once again thanks to the gorgeous weather and the beautiful fall foliage.
5. Enjoy the Lakefront from Chicago’s beautiful urban parks, or head to the nearby Indiana Dunes and enjoy spectacular views of nature. No matter what your preference may be, Lake Michigan offers endless opportunities for sightseeing and relaxation.
For more information on activities in Chicago, browse the Realty & Mortgage blog. To learn more about renting in Chicago, head to our homepage and navigate the extensive resources offered by Realty & Mortgage Co. We look forward to hearing from you!